About Rainbow Acres
Rainbow Acres is a thriving community that continues to grow and flourish in response to the needs and desires of its residents.
Our residents, called Ranchers, are valued as individuals. Each is important, well known by Caregivers and staff, and nurtured to live a happy and full life. Ranchers live, work and socialize with their peers in a safe and loving community at a place they call home. Rainbow Acres employs over 70 people, including caregivers, administration, program staff and support staff.
Rainbow Acres is:
- A not-for-profit, 501 (c) (3) organization,
- A private-pay assisted living community for individuals 18 years and above with developmental disabilities,
- Licensed by the State of Arizona Department of Health Services,
- Governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees,
- Regulated by state and county health, environmental and transportation agencies as well as Town of Camp Verde building codes,
- A member of the Arizona Chapter of Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA), American Baptist Homes and Caring Ministries, and the Associated Ministry Organization (AMO) of the American Baptist Churches USA
- Accredited by the EAGLE Commission of the United Methodist Association
- 2015 EAGLE Best Practice Award – Fine Arts Painting program
- 2013 ALFA Shining Star Award – Innovative use of the Yamaha Clavinova Connection with Ranchers
- 2014 ALFA Shining Star Award – Nurse of the Year for our Director of Health and Wellness Christine Walker, RN
- 2015 ALFA Shining Star Award – Caregiver of the Year for Sandy Koonce, who has been employed at Rainbow, first as a Houseparent and then as Caregiver, for over 22 years
- 2015 Northern Arizona Council of Governments – Employer of the Year for lowest turnover rates
- 2015 Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona – Spirit of Sedona Award as Non-Profit of the Year
- 2016 United Blood Services Platinum Award for Successful Blood Drives
- 2016 Yavapai County Golden Plate Award for Food Safety in the Palmer Community Center at Rainbow Acres Commercial Kitchen
From left to right: photo from Spirit of Sedona Awards Ceremony, the 2015 Spirit of Sedona award for Nonprofit Organization of the Year (from the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona), EAGLE Accreditation Commission 2015 Best Practice Award for Fine Arts Painting program, Arizona ALFA Shining Star Award 2013 for Innovative Program of Clavinova Connection, Northern AZ Council of Governments Chairman’s Distinguished Employer of the Year Award 2015.