Rainbow Acres serves individuals with a wide range and degree of developmental disabilities, caused by a number of different conditions that include, but are not limited to, Down syndrome, Fragile X syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Tuberous Sclerosis, and Williams syndrome.
A successful candidate will fulfill the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older (admission process may begin earlier)
- Have a primary diagnosis of developmental disability or cognitive challenge
- Able to cover the cost of care
- Be accepting of supervision
- Have the ability to be left alone for short periods of time
- Able to ambulate and/or transfer independently
- Be free of impulse to take flight or run away
- All medical conditions must be manageable
- Be free of communicable diseases
- Be free from patterns of aggression or abuse toward self and others
- Be capable of most self-care and activities of daily living with prompting (e.g. eating, brushing teeth, toileting, etc.)
- Be able to live successfully in community with others, and engage in programs and activities to the extent of his/her ability
For any questions regarding the admissions criteria, please contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-567-5231.