Health and Wellness Program
Rainbow Acres has a team of 5 dedicated professionals who provide holistic care 7 days a week to Ranchers to support healthy functioning in all areas of life and to help create a physically thriving community.Goals of the Health and Wellness Program:
- Facilitate doctor appointments
- Provide oversight of medications for each Rancher
- Monitor medication administration through a sophisticated, web-based tracking system
- Provide first aid and basic care
- Provide care/consultation as needed, including making regular house calls and monitoring home environments
- Maintain health records and OSHA paperwork
- Coordinate with Rancher families on insurance coverage and maintenance
- Work with benefits coordinator to ensure Ranchers have the best coverage they are eligible for
- Promotion of healthy nutrition through collaboration with the Rainbow Acres chef
- Hosting outside resources on site to meet needs in the following areas: Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies; massage, portable X-ray and some primary care doctor visits.
- Educate Caregivers, staff and Ranchers on standards for health and safety practices
- Give back to the local community through an annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s and three blood drives per year that are open to the public.
- Gratefully receive and manage donated health supplies such as first aid items, over the counter medicines and personal hygiene products for those Ranchers with limited resources.
Please meet our staff of Nurses, Chaplain and Medical Records personnel:
Chris- RN Named Nurse of the Year in 2014 by Arizona ALFA, Chris is the Director of the Health & Wellness program and team
Betsy- RN Both Nurse and Chaplain, Betsy is a provider of many types of healthcare support and oversees Spiritual Life activities
Nikki- LPN Assists Primary Care Physicians on the ranch and supports the needs of Ranchers living in semi-independent apartments
Lucy- RN Offers medical support and expertise, including Saturdays
Gail- Organizes and schedules medical appointments and keeps all health records organized and in compliance
The Health and Wellness team is in constant communication with staff, Ranchers and families to work proactively to build a healthy community.